Submitting samples with the AB Seed Laboratory is simple and efficient! Listed below is a General Sampling Procedure, which will help you get the most desirable results.
- Sample each bag of small lots consisting of six bags or less
- For larger lots, sample 5 bags plus ten percent of the total number of bags in the lot. It is not necessary to sample more than thirty bags in large lots.
- Draw free-flowing seed with a probe or trier long enough to reach all portions of the bag. Nonfree-flowing seeds should be sampled by thrusting one's hand into the bag and grasping a portion.
- Equal amounts should be drawn from the top, middle, and bottom of each bag sampled.
- The drawn sample should be thoroughly mixed in a suitable clean container.
- Divide the drawn sample carefully until the proper amount is obtained to submit for analysis
- Write your name, company name, address, variety, kind, lot number and tests desired on the sample envelope.
- Include your telephone and/or FAX number for faster reporting of analysis results.